The Schuster Medal is a joint award from the Association of Environmental & Engineering Geologists and the Canadian Geotechnical Society that recognizes excellence in geohazards research in North America. All nominees for the Schuster Medal must meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Professional excellence in geohazards research with relevance to North America.
- Significant contribution to public education regarding geohazards.
- International recognition for a professional career in geohazards.
- Influential geohazards research or development of methods or techniques.
- Teacher of students who work on geohazards issues.
Nominations are due March 15 and should be submitted to Headquarters.
2007 – Robert L. Schuster
2008 – Oldrich Hungr
2009 – Barry Voight
2010 – Norbert R. Morgenstern
2012 – Derek Cornforth
2013 – Jacques Locat
2014 – Keith Turner
2015 – David Cruden